Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Considering the number of comments I received about my blog looking so much nicer, I suppose I have to face up to the fact that I have been rather self-delusional about my past design being moderately pleasant to the eye. I actually kind of grew to like the green.

anyway, this is to Yiling: the programme is nothing much, actually, it's just that you go for forum discussions, meet-the-people sessions , sharing by admin officers and special interviews by people who are not your teacher-advisors (I don't know what yet, last year it was GIC, but this year they said someone else would do it). You haven't missed much, unless you actually like going for this kind of thing, which I do. ANyway, it's targeted mainly for people that are suitable for PSC, which you don't want.

Just watched the channel eight special on Nepal! It shows the exact places we've gone to--it's really strange, because I didn't really feel anything momentous when I was actually there but now I think back about the times we've spent with great nostalgia. Playing cards in the common room. Vick and Tien Yew chanting away with the singing bowls. Grace painstakingly drawing mahjong cards so she could play. Eating out of lunchboxes and mixing masala. Giving each other massages at night. Our singing of Resham Firiri, with my sis and Vick dancing away with the red scarf in front. Being quarantined in my room with the two other sickest members of the group, Lin ZI and Hannah, and eating our dinners like refugees on a cleared portion of the room floor. Even more so in Katmandu, when we were finishing our noodles in the lobby cos we were too last minute about checking out. Waiting for the sunrise on a FREEZING morning, aNd in the end not seeing much of it cos of the fog:( The boat ride, which left an especially deep impression because I kept making Tien Yew and Vick turn round and round and round so I could get my picture taken from a few different angles. And our chanting with the singing bowl to see if we could achieve some echo effect with the hills around. Haha.

Even the times before and after the trip: playing monopoly with Tien Yew sweeping all the cash, mahjong, our joking...

So fun. I'm really really glad I went, and was part of the planning. I don't think I could derived so much enjoyment going on a school trip--somehow, the dynamics of this group was really good. We must have a gathering again sometime, when all of us are less busy.

In reminiscing about the trip, I kind of forgot what I intended to type in earlier. So nvm, they weren't that important, anyway. Shall go study chem now!

No comments: