Sunday, July 18, 2004

Haha, how fast scandals spread!

I just had a very entertaining and enlightening converstation with Ram, who was telling me about rather nosey speculation about my level one crush among the current debate team. It appears that some rather kepo individuals (or perhaps ONE kepo individual) go on blog-surfing frenzies through links on different blogs. Everyone who comes to my blog should leave a tag or something. Since presently I can still count on one hand the number of people I've told my blog address to, and they're only eight pple that I know know of my blog. That makes things quite confusing.

Anyway, thank goodness this is only a level one crush, or I will probably be EMBARRASSED. Since I'm not, I shall happily provide my views on the matter.

Apparently Robin was traumatised that anyone could like tat's smile and tat couldn't imagine who could like Robin's smile. I now think BOTH of them are so cute! The way they bitch about each other is really quite adorable. Yet again, there's really no accounting for taste. But it does make sense that a big mouth goes with a nice smile.

This comes with a startling realisation--guys are really more bitchy and busybody than girls are, especially guys in debate. Though I'm happy to say that most debate guys admit it more than the usual breed of male gossipers, who feign a studied lack of interest but seem to know more crap than anyone else. I get surprised by my own dear father sometimes when he starts talking about his colleagues.

I think the one main difference between the typical female gossip and the typical male gossip is the concentration. Male busybodies tend to specialise; they pick one subject and they harp on it/him/her for an extended period of time. Girls, however, tend to bitch about everything under the sun when they're in the mood for it.

The same goes for nagging. Mothers tend to nag about everything in particular--the state of your room, your homework, your clothes etc etc etc. Fathers, on the other hand, pick one thing they wish to nag about, and will remind you of it constantly day and night (This is based on empirical evidence, after I failed my math exam in sec three). The MF duo is a truly frightening combination.

No comments: